Welcome to our Urdu learning site. We hope you will find the website quite innovative in its approach. We offer to learn Urdu Language in the comfort of your own home, at a pace and time that suits you.
Language is vital not only to communicate thoughts and ideas but it also develops information, friendship, cultural ties and economic relationship. As for Urdu is concerned, it is a most popular language spoken by millions of people across the world Urdu language has a rich history of hundreds of years back.
Brief history of Urdu
The word “Urdu” is a Turkish word and it means “an army or region”. Modern Urdu has taken almost 900 years to develop to its present form. The old Urdu was a mixture of Turkish, Persian and Arabic and was the language of the most powerful warrior tribes of central Asia. These tribes would invade, conquer and occupy areas within easy reach for their wealth, gold, silver and precious stones. Wherever these tribes went, they took their language which had an amazing mingling and absorbing local words and proverbs.
Scholars, learned men and tribesmen from Central Asia brought “old Urdu” called “Reekhta” to the Indian subcontinent early in the 12th century AD. In the late 1400 and early 1500, under the patronage of the Moghales, modern Urdu started taking shape to be used in poetry, prose and plays. After division of subcontinent into two independent states, Urdu became the national language of Pakistan.
Urdu is written from right to left just like Arabic and Persian. Urdu has 39 basic letters and 13 extra characters, all together 52 and most of these letters are from Arabic and a small quantity form Persian. It has almost all the sounds available in any other language spoken in the world.
Why Learn Urdu
A living language spoken by 490 millions around the world..
- Enables you to develop relationship with Urdu speaking community.
- Since Urdu contains almost all Arabic and Persian alphabets, it helps its speaker understand Arabic and Persian literature easily.
- Enables you to understand Urdu Naats, Qawalies and mystic poets for relaxation and they will help you to get used to Urdu sounds.
This curriculum has been prepared with a view of meeting the requirement of all who wish to study Urdu systematically divided into three levels. These levels offer the easiest way to learn, know, understand, read, speak, write and to converse in Urdu.
- Advance level
- Urdu Alphabets and their sounds.
- Recognition of the shape of the letter.
- Synthesis of Urdu words.
- Composition of a sentence
- Simple dictation words.
- Cloze passages
- Language usage
- Paragraph writing
- Story writing.
- Letter writing.
- Essay writing.
- Report writing
- Essay writing
- Translation from English to Urdu and vice versa.
Urdu Language Class
- Hometown Language from our eminent Professors of Urdu.
- Keep connected with hometown, home language.